Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions help to keep BG Stores website a safe place to trade and set out the full extent of any agreement reached between you and BG Stores in connection with this site. You should understand that by placing an order, you accept the following terms and conditions:
1. The owner of this web site is BG Stores
2. Your contract for purchases made through this web site is BG Stores
3. The contract does not cover purchases undertaken within stores belonging to BG Stores
4. You agree that e-mail can be used as a long-distance means of communication.
5. No contract for the sale of any product will subsist between you and BG Stores unless and until BG Stores accept your order by way of an e-mail confirming that it has received payment in full for all the goods you have ordered. That acceptance will be deemed complete and will be deemed for all purposes to have been effectively communicated to you at the time BG Stores sends the email to you (whether or not you receive that e-mail). This confirmation e-mail amounts to an acceptance by BG Stores of your offer to buy goods from BG Stores.
6. You undertake that all details you provide to BG Stores for the purpose of ordering or purchasing goods or services are correct, that the credit, debit card or bank account you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods or services ordered.
7. If there are any changes to the details supplied by you it is your responsibility to inform BG Stores as soon as possible.
Cancellation & Returns
8. You have the right to cancel your order at any time up to the end of the seventh working day following the day on which you received the products. It is not compulsory for you to notify us of the reason of cancellation. If you wish to cancel your order please send an email to email@example.com with details of your cancellation. You must state your name, a description of the goods and your order number. You may return them to us within 14 days of purchase for a refund or exchange provided that the products are returned to us in their original condition and carefully packaged. Returns made after 14 days will be accepted at the manager's discretion. We may refuse a return, offer store credit or offer a refund minus P&P and a 15% administration charge. We will not accept returns for underwear, swimwear, headphones or jewellery.
This does not apply to items Bespoke, personalised or made to your specification (e.g.. Sofas); audio/video recordings or software that you have unsealed; items that due to their nature cannot be returned; perishable goods (e.g. food and flowers) and periodicals/magazines.
9. Damaged items must be reported to us within 10 working days of receipt.
10. You must where possible return goods in the original manufacturers box/package. You must where possible return the entire contents of the box/package, all stuffing/protective wrapping, any accessories included by the manufacturer, all printed materials including stickers, brochures, labels, tags and guarantees. You must take reasonable care of the goods whilst in your possession.
11. When marked goods are returned, BG Stores reserve the right to refuse to reimburse in full. In the case of postal returns, the goods will remain with BG Stores, until either you accept to pay for the item(s) to be returned to you, or accept a refund of less than 100% of the original purchase price. The percentage refund will be negotiated with reference to the degree of damage, but is unlikely to be greater than 75% of the purchase price.
12. BG Stores will meet the full cost of returning goods where the item(s) delivered to you are not as specified in the Product Description section on your Receipt PROVIDED THAT you notify BG Stores of the problem in writing within 10 working days of delivery of the goods. NOTHING IN THIS CLAUSE AFFECTS YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS.
13. If you believe that your goods have developed a fault, contact firstname.lastname@example.org unless a manufacturers guarantee has been issued then you will need to contact the manufacturer. When returning faulty goods please explain what the fault is, your contact details and the original receipt for the cost of posting the goods back. If BG Stores agree that the product is faulty, you will be offered an exchange, or a full refund, and advice on product suitability. When BG Stores accept that the product is faulty, you will be refunded the postage cost incurred by you when sending the goods back. As a gesture of goodwill, if you choose to exchange your faulty goods, BG Stores will incur the cost of posting the replacement item to you. BG Stores reserve the right to decide the shipping service for this purpose.
14. Where BG Stores disagrees with you that the product is faulty, it will let you know the decision in writing. If a returned product is found to be not faulty, the product will be returned to you the customer at your expense. Customers returning non faulty goods after the 7 day cooling off period will receive store vouchers for the amount they paid for the goods less 10% restocking fee, there will be no refund of shipping costs on Non-faulty goods.
15. If you do not agree with the decision, you have the right to take your case to independent arbitration.
16. This Liability section applies only to the extent permitted by law. For the avoidance of doubt, BG Stores does not exclude or limit any liability for (a) personal injury (including sickness and death) where such injury results from BG Stores negligence or wilful default, or that of BG Stores employees, agents or subcontractors or (b) fraudulent misrepresentation.
17. BG Stores do not accept liability (except as set out below) for any errors and omissions and reserve the right to change information, specifications and descriptions of listed goods, products and services.
18. BG Stores transact all payments in
19. In the event that a product or service is listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error, BG Stores has the right to refuse or cancel any orders listed at the incorrect price whether or not the order has been confirmed.
20. BG Stores will do its best to correct errors and omissions as quickly as practicable after being notified of them.
21. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, BG Stores IS PROVIDING THIS WEB SITE AND ITS CONTENTS ON AN "AS IS" BASIS AND MAKES NO (AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL) REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THIS WEB SITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED IN THIS SITE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN ADDITION, BG Stores DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE VIA THIS WEB SITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT.
22. BG Stores do not accept liability for any indirect loss, consequential loss, loss of data, loss of income or profit, loss of damage to property and/or loss from claims of third parties arising out of the use of BG Stores website or for any products or services purchased from BG Stores.
23. BG Stores will only be liable for direct loss up to a maximum total of the price of the product or service purchased in respect of any claim.
Processing of orders
24. Payments are debited before items are shipped by BG Stores.
25. All prices include sales taxes (unless otherwise stated).
26. BG Stores aims to arrange shipment of all in stock items in three working days of receiving your order. Your order may be delayed if the item is not in stock in our central warehouse, and has to be fulfilled from stock held at one of our stores. Some items may be unavailable and the current stock status is approximate. Where future delivery dates for stock are quoted, these are approximate.
27. The period stated within which you will receive your order is approximate. Goods will be sent to the address given by you in your order and stated in the Order Confirmation. Please note that your goods may be sent to you in instalments. No refunds for failed delivery will be made until 30 days of the order date. BG Stores will take legal action against any customer claiming a credit card call back before the above time.
28. Title to any product ordered will pass to you once BG Stores have received payment in full for that product.
29. You may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. Any such additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you. You should note that customs policies vary widely from country to country; BG Stores advises each customer to contact their local customs office for further information.
30. Please note that when shipping products internationally you should be aware that cross-border shipments are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities.
31. BG Stores reserve the right to change the shipping company quoted to you at the time of your order as it sees fit.
32. BG Stores can not be held responsible for late deliveries caused by a acts of God. Such as severe weather conditions, earthquakes, floods etc.
33. It is a crime to use a false name or a known invalid credit card to order. Anyone caught wilfully entering an erroneous or fictitious order will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. BG Stores track the electronic 'fingerprints' of every order placed on BG Stores to enable us and all legitimate crime prevention and prosecution authorities to trace individual users engaging in criminal activities on our website.
34. BG Stores may amend these terms and conditions from time to time, and place the new version on the website. All purchases from the date that the amended terms are placed on our website onwards will be governed by those new terms.
35. These terms and conditions shall apply when BG Stores accept your order by e-mail confirming that it has received payment in full for all the goods you have ordered. They shall supersede any and all other conditions, understandings, commitments, agreements or representations (except fraudulent misrepresentations) relating to your purchase, whether oral or in writing, and contain the entire agreement between BG Stores and you relating to your purchase. BG Stores advises that you print off and keep safe a copy of these terms and conditions once your order has been accepted by BG Stores
36. You are advised to read (and are responsible for reading) all information on this website fully.
37. If any of these terms are held to be invalid or unenforceable, those terms will be struck out and the other terms remain.
38. BG Stores will not pass on your personal data and your details are only held in BG Stores records.
39. BG Stores does not exchange links and considers link exchange requests as spam. Under the UK Anti-Spam law 2003 BG Stores are entitled to claim a reading fee and in every case BG Stores will claim a reading fee of £10.